THE PROPOSED WEBSITE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Introduction to terms and conditions
The website FindYourSafariGuide.com hereinafter referred to as FYSG is owned and operated by UGANDA TRAILS LIMITED. These terms and conditions, as may be amended from time to time, apply to all our services made available online, through any mobile device, by email or by telephone. By accessing the content of this website with any device (browser, mobile phone, etc.) you acknowledge and agree to have read, understood and agreed to be bound by the terms and conditions of the website set out below.
- Scope and nature of the services of the eastafricaguides.com website
- Purpose and content of FYSG is to mediate contacts between customer and East African Wildlife Guides/Tour Operators. FYSG is an exclusive intermediary contact platform without any operational activity. FYSG is not responsible for business transactions between the mediated contacts. Uganda Trails Limited is not the source or supplier of the Tour and travel services that may be requested through this website, and acts solely as an agent for the actual suppliers of such services.
- The suppliers whose names appear in the information supplied to the customer reflects those who are actually responsible for providing the Tour and travel services requested.
- Through the website, we Uganda Trails Limitedprovide an online platform through which Tour Guides/operators in their professional conduct of business can advertise, market, sell, promote and/or offer (as applicable) their products and service for reservation and through which relevant visitors of the website can discover, search, compare, and make a reservation. By using or utilizing the Tour Guide (e.g. by making a Tour Reservation through the Tour Service), you enter into a direct (legally binding) contractual relationship with the Tour guide/operator with which you make a reservation.
- From the point at which you make your Tour Reservation, we act solely as an intermediary between you and the Tour guide/operator, transmitting the relevant details of your Tour Reservation to the relevant Tour guide/operator and sending you a confirmation email for and on behalf of the Tour guide/operator. Uganda Trails Limited does not offer any (travel/tour) product or service.
- The customer, by accepting the terms and conditions of use of this site consents to and requests the use of those suppliers and agrees not to hold Uganda Trails Limited responsible should any of these suppliers: 1) fail to provide the travel services purchased; 2) fail to comply with any applicable laws; or 3) engage in any negligent, fraudulent or illegal act or omission that causes the customer any sort of injury, damage, delay or inconvenience.
- Should you have any claim against the tour guide and wish to commence legal proceedings against that tour guide, FYSG will arrange a contact with a qualified lawyer in the destination country of the Guide at a cost of USD 50.
- There after you will be able to contact and instruct the lawyer on your own terms and FYSG will not be responsible and will not take part in the legal action in any way whatsoever.
- Brokerage commission
FYSG’s intermediary services are paid by the customer through a commission. The amount of the commission is determined by FYSG on its website.
- Contact between customer and wildlife guide
After payment of the commission by the customer, FYSG undertakes to arrange contact between the customer and the tour guide/ operator.
- Travel product
- Although we will use reasonable skill and care in performing our Service, FYSG is not responsible for the accuracy, reliability or quality of information or services or products offered by the wildlife guide on FindYourSafariGuide.com website. The operator can create links to other websites for the benefit of his users. Such links are intended as advertising for the other website and are automatically allowed and accepted when using the FYSG website.
- The wild life guide may have in addition to our terms and conditions as disclosed on the website, their own terms and conditions and house rules for the use, access and consummation of the services which may include certain disclaimers and limitations of liability.
- Each Tour Guide/ operator remains responsible at all times for the accuracy, completeness and correctness of the (descriptive) information including its policies, terms & conditions displayed on our website. Our website does not constitute and should not be regarded as a recommendation or endorsement of the quality, service level, qualification or rating made available, save as explicitly indicated or set out otherwise.
- All Tour Guides/ Operators on the EastAfricaGuides.com website are required to be legally registered in their country of operation with a legally recognized Tour/Safari Guides Association and FYSG requires each tour guide to have a Tour/ Safari Guides certificate in proof of such registration as a pre condition for registration and publication of the tour guide on the website.
- By making a Tour Reservation with a Tour guide, you accept and agree to the relevant cancellation and no-show policy of that Tour guide, and to any additional terms and conditions of the Tour guide that may apply to your Tour and any house rules of the Tour guide.
- The relevant terms and conditions of a Tour guide can be obtained with the relevant Tour guide. The general cancellation and no-show policy of each Tour guide is made available on our website on the Tour guide information pages, during the reservation procedure and in the confirmation email or ticket (if applicable). Please note that certain rates, fees or special offers are not eligible for cancellation, refund or change.
- Data validity
FYSG does not carry out criminal investigations of its users and is therefore not responsible for verifying user data.
- Data storage
- Users of this website understand and agree that FYSG may store personal data (email address, messages, images, portraits) in order to provide intermediary services. It is our highest priority to protect customer data on our website and to only use it the way our customers would expect us to in strict compliance with statutory data protection regulations.Uganda Trails Limited is a responsible body in terms of data protection laws.
- It is understood and agreed that by accepting the above terms and conditions or by signing a reservation document, the customer gives consent for the processing of personal data for the purpose of concluding and fulfilling the contract. By acceptance hereof, the customer at the same time gives consent to Uganda Trails Uganda Limited for the transmission of personal data to third persons for the purpose of performing the contracted services.
- Access and property rights
The pages and content of this website may not be copied, distributed, changed, published or transmitted in any other way, including for use in creative work or for the sale or advertising of other products. A violation of this restriction can lead to a violation of the intellectual property and contractual rights of FYSG or third parties, which is prohibited by law and can lead to considerable civil and criminal penalties.
- Disclaimer of liability
The use of the website is “as is, where it is” without any guarantee. Under no circumstances will Uganda-Trails Ltd and FYSG be liable for any damage caused to you as a result of using the website.
- Law applicable
The website uses Internet services provided in other countries to improve its performance. However, the website is operated by a Ugandan company under Ugandan law. You are authorized to use the website from any country in which you allow this. FYSG is not responsible if your local laws conflict with Ugandan laws. By using the website or any of its services in any way, you agree to the above terms.
- You agree to receive email messages from us. These emails may be transactional or relationship messages related to the website, for example, administrative notices and service announcements or changes, or emails with commercial offers, promotions or special offers from us or third-party partners.